Shannon has worked at the intersection of words, strategy, design, and people for almost 15 years. Currently, she is a senior content design manager at Adobe.
Shannon calls Richmond, Virginia home, and organizes meetups for the local content and UX communities. When she’s not exclaiming about error messages, you can find her snuggling up for movie night with her family and two dogs. Shannon’s favorite neutral is leopard print. Her superpower is asking questions…lots of questions.
UX Camp Winter 2024
From Ordinary to Outstanding: Delivering Quality UX With Everyday Office Tools
Who says you need specialized software to create exceptional user experiences? Often overlooked, everyday tools like spreadsheets or word processing docs can be your gateway to better collaboration, cross-functional engagement, and even innovation.
Join us to discover how simple office tools can revolutionize your design work, making complex tasks like user journey mapping, ideation, and prototyping not only possible but remarkably effective. Cut down on learning curves, and give partners like product, tech, and legal a seat at the table. Unlock a world of creativity with the software you already have.
In this session, we will:
• Challenge preconceived notions of “design tools” and embrace the extraordinary potential of everyday software
• Illustrate how a humble spreadsheet can be a powerful ally in building out user journeys, communication strategies, and aligning cross-functional teams
• Demonstrate UX concept creation and “conversation prototyping” using decks and documents
• Provide practical templates for you to adapt for your practice
• Explore strategies to use these tools to expand your influence, impact, and even advance your career
Tent Talks Session: Creating Badass UX Deliverables with Common Tools
On Tuesday, September 26th at 5:00pm Central, Shannon Leahy. joins us for a live Q&A session: “Creating Badass UX Deliverables with Common Tools.”